Sunday, 2024-05-19, 5:42 PM
Welcome Anonymous | RSS
Homepage | [GC] MY:HolyCrusader vs MA:Metaldog - 1st Aug 2010 - AOWeekly Main Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
AOWeekly Main Forum » Atlantica Online Weekly » Grand Championship Videos » [GC] MY:HolyCrusader vs MA:Metaldog - 1st Aug 2010
[GC] MY:HolyCrusader vs MA:Metaldog - 1st Aug 2010
YuuDate: Monday, 2010-08-02, 2:20 PM | Message # 1
Newbie for 2 years
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0

MY:HolyCrusader vs MA:Metaldog
1st Aug 2010
BGM: Battle Theme #17

Once again, we witness Metaldog's transformation as of today, he became the infamous Sword Main. On the other side, his opponent was the consistent Staff Main HolyCrusader. Judging from two players' formation, we can see each of them leads a completely different school. While HolyCrusader entrusted his chance to his used-to-be-invincible DMF, which specializes in defense and counter-attack, Metaldog appeared with a formation consists of 4 melees and 4 rangers ( yes, he has no healers). We can assume that Metaldog was aiming for an all-out attack build, and if only he could break HolyCrusader's defense system, there would be a chance for him to win.

Right from the start, HolyCrusader realized the snipe threat from Metaldog, thus he planned a defense measure against this. Feeling unable to score an early kill, Metaldog was forced to aim for stun pressure while popping a Purification Scroll. In the 3rd turn, right after successfully cancelled the annoying scroll, HolyCrusader kept Metaldog in full check with a Forest Prison following by War Cry. The advantage up to this moment was totally HolyCrusader's. Feeling the pressure from his opponent, Metaldog popped a Dispel Scroll with the hope to put a stop to HolyCrusader's DMF Defense next turn while applying more stun combos. This proved to be a quite ineffective combination as he should know that with so many mercs under Combo 2 and one monk got sealed, there's no chance for HolyCrusader to use Holy Guard. In short, Metaldog's Dispel Scroll was cancelled by his own efforts.

Skipping through some turns, we can see Metaldog struggled against HolyCrusader's trio Inventor-Cannoneer-Janissary while being disabled by Forest Prison. It was clear that Metaldog couldn't keep the pace anymore as most of his activations were spent on defending. Once again in this match, Metaldog backstabbed himself with a Mana Piercing Scroll. Unfortunately for him, it was also the moment the inevitable Flame Blow casted. Losing in both tactics and survivability, it's only time before HolyCrusader advanced to the next round.

AOWeekly Main Forum » Atlantica Online Weekly » Grand Championship Videos » [GC] MY:HolyCrusader vs MA:Metaldog - 1st Aug 2010
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright AOWeekly © 2024